Friday, October 24, 2008

The house is buzzing right along

Sorry for our absence. The house is actually moving along at mach speed. Mike was there today so here’s an update: 1) Interior trim is done. 2) Cabinets are installed. 3) Last of the exterior siding is being completed today or tomorrow, rain pending. 4) All doors are installed. 5) Paint starts next both inside and out, as well as stain on the exterior doors and porch ceilings. 6) Stain color was chosen – MinWax Dark Walnut 7) Granite is being templated then installed next week. 8) Tile installation starts next week. 9) While tile goes in, lighting fixtures are installed. 10) Gas line to be installed next week. 11) Then driveway to be poured. On our to-do list is to purchase fans this weekend. Also, we need to determine exactly where we want the driveway and paths leading up to the house. Then next week, I need to meet with the apt. complex and tell them we only need the place through December. Starting Monday, we have exactly 8 weeks left. I have to say, despite the woman above us practicing her “Dancing with the Stars” routine last night at 1:15am, time has really flown by. I can’t believe we have 2 months left! That’s amazing, really. Wow. We’re heading to the house tomorrow so I can get pics. I’ll upload those later this weekend. Happy Friday!

0 comments: