Today was the day that we had to have all paint colors finalized - both inside and out. Mike and I went back and forth on the exterior color for quite awhile. Actually, I’m the nutty one who contemplated this for many, many weeks. I’m sure most of you are surprised (cough), and actually seeing an “Allison is crazy” theme running throughout this blog. Point proven, I even made some of you drive around with me to look at "inspiration houses," as we stalked the places that I liked with the Sherwin Williams color deck to find “just the right match.” For the record, we were not caught trespassing at any of the houses. Well, after all of your and our hard work, we have officially selected our house color. Ok, are you ready??? It’s called Retreat – which some of you will find extremely ironic, because “The Retreat” is the name of the apartment complex we’re living in during construction. This literally just dawned on me today when I handed over the color selections to the builder. All I can say is our new house will truly be a Retreat. “The Retreat” that we’re living in now is not properly named. Enough said. Here is where you can see the house color. Of course depending on the computer you are using and the monitor you have, this will look different to all of you but it’s a grey/green/blue color. It ended up being our “bold” choice vs. a more subtle grey or khaki that we were leaning towards. It’ll look great next to our Aesthetic white trim, chocolate brown gutters, dark brown stained doors and porch ceilings. They start painting next week so pictures to come!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment