Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carpet, door knobs and misc.

We’re in the home stretch of making selections and I'll admit, I’m greatly relieved. Last weekend we picked out carpet for the bedrooms. We chose pretty standard stuff. Neutral color, frieze style with a nice carpet pad. Apparently “it’s all about the carpet pad.” I didn’t know this but will expect each of you to comment on it when you come for your first sleep over:). For the door knobs, we chose oil rubbed bronze for the interior and exterior. Here’s what will be on the font door.

And here’s what will be on all interior doors.
Today, Mike is getting some pics of the California Closet system in the master, the tile work, (which will be grouted this weekend), and if he’s there at just the right time, the granite (being installed today). Also, we are having the front porch staircase widened so he’ll grab a pic of this as well.
Other work going on at the house...they are laying out the driveway today. We're adding a carriage strip of brick to the center so that should look pretty cool. Also, they'll map out the front and back walkways. Stay tuned for more scoop and pics.

1 comments:

Corinna said...

ridic. this is beyond cool. and a carriage strip????? STOP already. I can't bear anymore awesome stuff. I want to rip down our house and start over!