Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Diaper bags

This blog is causing a little whip lash, I know. I go from house to baby to house....well, we're back to baby. Stick with me here. My latest endeavor is trying to find a diaper bag, or maybe two. There are literally 1 million to choose from and you have to hold yourself back from buying the cutest ones and keep yourself focsed on practicality including such things as space, dirty clothes/diaper holders, bottle warmers and all sorts of other options that I've discovered in my diaper bag travels. Who knew these bags had to be so strategic?? But, I guess it makes sense. I'd rather be prepared with my trusty bag than stranded somewhere with a crud filled baby and no clothes, bottle refill or wipes in sight! Here are a few options that I think cover both the "cute" and "practical" categories...

And, of course I had to throw in a couple Amy Butler bags....
There are even some cool ones for Mike with the Diaper Dad or Daddy Gear!

3 comments:

Kim G said...

Ok - those Amy Butler bags are to DIE FOR!! So cute. I can easily see how an obsession can grow :) And the quinny is too cool. I think you will love it!

Now my two cents on diaper bags is this (and it comes from someone who ran out and bought two expensive ones upon birthing the boy): is a backpack is by far the most practical thing you can have for a baby bag. Not the sexiest or the cutest, but having straps on two shoulders versus a one shoulder strap that swings everywhere, including smacking into your child, is what we found to be the best. Do with this info what you will ;)

I'm so excited you guys are going to be parents!! Oh, and I dig the rug :)

cusegirl18 said...

More unsolicited advice: It is very important to be practical here, unfortunately. But you can be practical and chic. diaperbags.com has this really cute Herve Chepelier knockoff bags that come in a million different colors and are only abt $50. They're made by Kalencomm. However, at some point you will transition out of that bag to something cuter so you better have an Amy Butler just waiting to be busted out. Those bags are super cute!!! I say go practical in the beginning then get chic later.

Allison said...

Love all of the advice, ladies. Thanks!! I'll get my Amy Butler just as a back up (and only one Mike, I promise) but what'so funny is I have been talking to Mike for months about the bag being a backpack - how that would make much more sense, etc. Other than going out and reliving my high school days with a Jansport, I'm not really seeing cute baby backpacks. Are we one to a new biz here, gals???