Friday, August 15, 2008

The things you just don't think of...

Mike met with the builder today for our weekly meeting and discovered that most of our electrical outlets will live in the baseboards. I think it's a pretty cool idea but can certainly say it wasn't something that I would have ever thought of. It seems like we've come up against a lot of these types of situations throughout this building process (flashback to the cabinet molding:).

Also, today the shingles we're put on the roof. I'll drive by there tomorrow to get a pic. Next week will be a series of inspections to make sure the plumbing and electrical work is A-OK. Then, we're meeting on Tuesday to finalize the cabinet selections and get those ordered. Apparently we need to decide on whether or not to have a cabinet that holds trash, a drawer that holds spices, a cabinet that covers the refridgerator and much more. It's really a crying shame that Mike and I are so blantantly unaware that we're just thankful to have a new kitchen. We never thought, and/or knew about all of these other options. What a trip! But, I'll do some digging this weekend on particulars involved with cabinets and then we'll be all set.
After this....we're on to selecting lighting for the inside and out. That should be fun!

0 comments: