Monday, February 9, 2009

While Mike's away....

I buy and pot tons of new house plants and then muck up the bookcases with my new treasures!

And then just to taunt Mike with our new found clutter that he’s not aware of owning quite yet, I took a few pics and sent them to his phone while he's out of town and still in a meeting at 7:00pm at night.

The back story here...Mike is a "less is more" kind of guy when it comes to the house and decorating. And thankfully I subscribe to the same philosophy. Less clutter keeps the house clean, nothing is lying around that doesn't actually have a purpose, and all in all, we have no extra “stuff” here that just ends up collecting dust.

But, the problem is, too little “stuff” makes this place too sterile. So I needed to liven it up…and I did so with things that have a purpose (so hopefully Mike will agree with me that these new found treasures are for keeps!).

So here we go…I've decorated our bookcases with new plants, some sentimental art, a super cute pic of us, and even a great new box that will hold our tea lights for candles.


0 comments: