Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dear Mr./Mrs. Harris Teeter

If you are pregnant, particularly those who are having a girl and have a wicked sweet tooth, THE place to be this week is Harris Teeter. This week’s specials include so many sweets that they can be viewed as either a curse or a dream come true. Ben and Jerry’s 3 for $10, Harris Teeter cookies only $2.97 (found in the bakery section and if you have not had these yet, you HAVE to try them. Trust me.), Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cookies 2/$5, along with the regular delicious snacks such as sheet cakes (my own obsession – I could put a serious dent in a Harris Teeter sheet cake. It doesn’t matter if it says “Happy Birthday” on it and it’s not my birthday. I'm not prejudice.), angel food cakes buy-one-get-one-free, and much more.

Did I buy all of this? No. But I’ll admit, I wanted too. I’ve been going to the Dr. on a bi-weekly schedule since 22 weeks – courtesy of my super awesome job chock-full of stress, long hours and sleepless nights. I will say though, one perk of said stressful job is these frequent Dr. visits have turned into pseudo weigh-in sessions at Weight Watchers.

But, Harris Teeter – seriously, what are you doing to me this week?? I REALLY wanted to buy all of those delicious snacks and eat every one of them!

Here’s my letter to the President of Harris Teeter:

Dear Mr./Mrs. Harris Teeter,

I love your stores. I really do. I’ve been a loyal fan of Harris Teeter since moving to the state nearly 12 years ago.

But now I’m pregnant and your weekly specials are working very hard at destroying my “you’ll only gain 25-30 lbs” plan the Dr. has me on.

So let’s make a deal. I’m due on June 6. Do you think it would be a problem to keep the “buy-one-get-one” sweet sales off of the shelves for just 7 more weeks? I promise to remain a loyal customer but I just need a break from the temptations your lovely stores are putting me through week after week.

I realize this is more a “me” issue vs. a “you” issue but let’s work together here. I’m about to start spending A LOT more money with you via diapers, wipes, baby food, and I promise to buy all of my formula from you if this breast feeding thing doesn’t work out.

So for now, can we lay low on the sweet sales? I promise to pull myself together by early June. Then you can resume all of your sweet specials immediately following the delivery of Baby Vail. What do you say? Deal?

Signed, Nearly new mom with a delicious slice of Harris Teeter sheet cake in her hands


2 comments:

Kim said...

Fabulous, This letter can be worked in again and again, around the holidays and for Baby Vail number 2!!! Hilarious, cake by the way!

cusegirl18 said...

Hysterical! Last night we hosted dinner for Greg's family and his parents brought a cake that read: "Happy Not a Birthday." We have a serious sheet cake obsession here. BTW, I cannot believe you are 7 weeks away....woohoo!