Sometimes I think this pregnancy is one science experiment after another.
Today I went for a much needed pedicure in preparation for “girl’s weekend” in Charleston and I literally almost passed out in the chair – twice! Why? Who knows.
The hot water that my feet were soaking in sent me right into overdrive and before I knew it, I was light headed and a sweaty mess. I pulled myself together – got my feet out of the water and tried to subtly wipe away my head and the back of my neck before any of the other pedi patrons noticed me fussing. Deep breaths. Rolled up sleeves. Phew. Ok, back to the March issue of Glamour.
Then about 5 minutes later…. whammy, I start feeling faint again. Is this what happens? I’ve heard of so many women getting pedis while pregnant, especially the week or two before they go into labor, and never any problems. I’m about 9 ½ weeks away so it never dawned on me that I’d have such a crazy reaction.
Anyway, I’m going to have to figure this one out because pedi season is upon us and I’m having a summer baby. They’ll be at least 3 more pedis to be had before the baby arrives! Maybe next time I can ask to sit next to the fan, or better yet, maybe she can do my toes outside. (I'm sure stranger requests have come in.) Bottom line, pedis and pregnancy need to go together. Unlike pregnancy and passwords, pregnancy and pedis need to go together!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
Oh Geez! Too funny...but be careful. The rumor is you can go into premature labor - there are areas on your feet that are linked to your uterus. I think it's right around the ankles. Not that you were going into labor but your pedicurist (is that a word?) should be aware and avoid that area. Anyhow, your toes look cute! And if you can still see them, isn't that all that matters :)
Post a Comment