She can spell. I'm not even lying. Eloise can spell E-l-o-i-s-e. It's amazing! Today she was singing her "abc's"....which typically includes "a, b, c, d, e....." and then she trails off into Eloise-like mumble. Hilarious. This is common place so I typically pick up where she leaves off and encourage her to sing along with me. She usually just tilts her head like a dog and looks at me with a puzzled look on her face. But today, instead of singing with me or looking at me weird, she said "E-l-o-i-s-e." Are you freaking kidding me?? That's so great!
I used to sing her name and spelling it out was a part of the song I made up. And her name is on the wall in her bedroom so I occasionally sing it when I'm changing her diaper. And then of course, we always write it out in chalk or crayons. So her name has been spelled out to her for her entire life. But I swear to you, the frequency has died down. We've been counting more and singing the Elmo song or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song or reciting shapes. We're all over the place. The focus is no longer on E-l-o-i-s-e. But today, she just busted out with it. And it was amazing! After she did it once I had to test out the goods.....I said, "what's your name?" And she said, "Eloise." And I said.... "do you know how to spell your name?" And she looked at me puzzled. I guess "spell" means nothing to her. So I started it for her..."E....." and she said "E-l-o-i-s-e!!" How fun! She's like my little circus act. I need to take this show on the road!


0 comments:
Post a Comment