Saturday, April 16, 2011

RaceFest 1/2

Today was the RaceFest 1/2 marathon with tornados, 17mph wind gusts, thunder storms and pouring down rain predicted for the 7:30am start. Awesome. I will say, I never contemplated staying home. There were many who changed plans and decided not to show up. But I figured, what the heck? These races are sometimes as much as $55 a pop. I'm running it.

The weather man did indeed get it right this time, which is unusual for Charlotte. Therefore, a chance for a PR was pretty slim. A 17mph headwind for several miles is no joke. There were times where I couldn't even see the pace I was running from my watch because the wind was causing my eyes to water. Then the thunder at mile 8. The pouring down rain throughout. It was certianly a calamity of errors. With all this said, I crossed the line in 1:36:17 (7:21 per mile pace), well off from a sub 1:34 PR but a good effort nonetheless. I was 4th overall for women and 1st in my age group. Now off to find the next race!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kim G said...

Nice work Allison!