Holy cow - are we really hitting the 20's?? Wow. 29 days to go. That's crazy!
The weekend is filled with getting the nursery ready (bedding is in route - I actually have a USPS tracking number to prove it). I need to wash all of her sheets, blankets and clothes. Mike is going to get the car seats in place and we may make a Babies 'R Us run to return a few duplicates. The Babies 'R Us trip may wait though. That place is crazy on the weekends and I'm not sure I'm up for it.
So at the dentist today, the hygienist asked me if I was celebrating Mother's Day this year. My response – “Yes we are! My mom lives here and so we're going to her house to make dinner.” (Mom - you have to let me know what you want:).
Well, she had already asked when my due date was by this point in the appointment and so she quickly discovered that Mike would be celebrating his first Father's Day (June 21, 2009) before I'll be able to enjoy my first Mother's Day and "that wasn't fair" since I've been doing all of the work for the last 36 weeks.
Enough said. Mike, who was a few dental hygienists down the hall, was quickly informed of this revelation and so now I've officially decided that I too am a mom - even though my nugget is peaceful and quiet and fully enjoying aquatic life inside of my belly. Fair? Not really. But it should be a fun weekend anyway!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

2 comments:
How about this - Happy Pre-Mom's Day!
It's absolutely mother's day for you too! Live it up - this will be the quietest one you'll have :) Here's hoping you got breakfast in bed for all your hard work these last 8 months!
Post a Comment