Last night I had contractions for about 45 minutes. They were on and off, and completely irregular so nothing that we could even track (with Mike’s sweet “Contractions” iPhone app). Because we didn’t actually leave the house, I’ll categorize this exercise as a 'Dry Run' since technically a 'False Alarm' would have meant that we drove to the hospital and were later rejected. Ok, 'Dry Run' it is.
The contractions were pretty weird. In a sick, sort of sadistic way, it’s reoccurring pain you welcome because that means a baby could be coming soon. Then the flip side is …wait, does this mean the baby is coming soon?? And are these contractions going to quickly get MUCH worse??
Obviously nothing came of the contractions baby-wise – and although uncomfortable, I was by no means approaching labor status. Regardless, I will tell you, we learned a lot. I thought we were ready. We have our bags packed, have the camera purchased and packed, “My Breast Friend” and “The Boppy” are packed. We’re ready!
But really, we’re not. Our bags are upstairs and not even zipped up. I was even sporting something that I want to bring to the hospital at the time of said contractions. We haven’t set up the litter box for the cat (our super awesome indoor/outdoor cat only needs a litter box if we leave him for a couple of days and he can’t go outside to go potty). We also have things lying all over the house that we use daily but ideally, we’d like to have with us in the hospital.
Ok, so a new To-Do list has been created. It’s short, don’t worry. Today when we get home from work we’re going to bring our bags downstairs and set them by the front door. We’re going to start a pile of items on the dining room table that we still use but would like to come with us (easy access so we can continue using them but return them to the table for “d-day”). I’ll set a bag there as well for easy retrieval. Also, I went to Target and got our snack bag packed – this bag will also live by the front door. And we’ll get the litter box set up and put up on a shelf somewhere ready to be placed on the floor for the kitty if a mad dash is in order.
I’m sure we’re missing something and of course, life will go on. But since we’ve got nothing but time on our side here, I’ll continue with my Type A personality (soon to be Type B with this “completely out of your control” exercise I’m going through) and find things we need to do pre-baby. I hope she comes SOON! Otherwise Mike is going to kill me. Love you, honey!
Happy Friday!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
HOLY CRAPOLA - a dry run! You are getting so close! However while you tick-down these final moments consider this: Forget being so prepared. You should just wing it like hippies and go for it. No bags, nothing organized. No "snack bags" and "piles of things" (Would your brain pop?) LOL
Post a Comment