Friday, August 28, 2009

Girl's weekend!

Mike's gone for the next few days for his fantasy football draft so what's going on at the Vails??? Girl's weekend!

Right now the Monkey and I are sorting through all of the fun options we have planned. Stuff only Vail girls like to do. You know, like cruise around Etsy.com, go for walks, maybe even bust out the Bob stroller for the first time and go for a run.

And then maybe we'll stay up late and watch dvred reality shows, eat snacks like vanilla ice cream and Doritos with hot sauce, and then tomorrow maybe we'll go to SouthPark and browse the new fall clothes at Baby Gap and Janie and Jack. What about another Monkey photoshoot?? Ooooo, sooo many options.

Then maybe we'll head over to Marshalls and buy some new pillows for the living room, get some picture frames for all of our great Monkey pics, and thanks to Mike's suggestion, maybe we'll wrap up the day with a delicious Fuel pizza!

 

I came downstairs this morning and discovered this note from Mike. He had to leave early so after he kissed me goodbye I thought he headed straight out the front door. Instead, he took a quick detour and left us this sweet message. If you know me, you know I never have cash. And also, without Mike around, going to the grocery store and cooking isn't the easiest with the Monkey so the fact that he left us this little note was too cute. Where's that list with all the reasons we love Mike?? Ok, so here we are, ready for Vail Girls weekend. Game on sister!

 

Please excuse the shot where my eyes are jumping out at you - it was the only pic where the Monkey was smiling. (self shots with and 11 week old aren't easy to take.)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Corinna said...

She is so completely adorable and pretty, Al! I think Mike should have left you a Ben Franklin instead of a Washington, but I love the note. So cute. I hope you gals have a great weekend! Wish I were there to hang!!!

Hugs, Aunt C

Erika said...

She has such beautiful eyes!! I need to see her soon! Oh yeah, you too!!