I ordered these 2 onesies ages ago. They both had polka dotted elephants on them and were, of course, another Etsy.com purchase. I liked them so much, I believe they were even a "Cute Baby Product" of the week.
These onesies were a pre-baby-purchase and I told myself, as soon as she fits into these, she's going to sport them. Then I completely forgot about them. More truthfully, I lost them. Ugh.
Well it dawned on me just this week that those darn elephant onesies were around here somewhere....but where? Of course, they were where I left them....in the front pocket of the bag that went to the hospital (at some point of insanity I thought she could wear one home from the hospital. Of course now I know they would have swallowed her up.). This was the only pocket of the hospital bag that I never unpacked. Sigh.
Thankfully my baby brain didn't lapse for even a second longer and I remembered where they were. And also thankfully, they actually fit her since she's growing like a weed and these darn things have been "temporarily misplaced" for 9 weeks!
Ok, enough yammer. Here we go.....here's one of the monkey's elephants. (The other is red with pink dots and a dark purple ear. Super cute!)
In monkey milestone news...today Eloise found her thumb. And she sucked it for a good minute! It was really cute. It happened in the car and no, I didn't have the camera. Total bummer. But I am thankful that I had Mike play taxi driver this morning as I decided to hop in the back with the monkey vs. sitting up front. This way I was at least able to see her find it and give it a good tug.
Also on the milestone front, yesterday while Grammie Judy was babysitting - our first baby sitter! - Eloise passed her bumble bee rattle from one hand to the other. This was a total fluke because she's not able to make well thoughtout moves like this quite yet, but fun that she did it and that my mom saw it!
Today is nursery upgrade day. We have all sorts of things we are adding to the nursery that I'm really excited about. We finally got her a mobile for her crib. We're also hanging more butterflies from the ceiling - she's definitely into checking things out above her and since her eyesight is now better able to focus in on things, it's time for more ceiling art.
Lastly, we're putting up shelves in her room for do-dads and pictures. I'll snap some pics of the upgrades after we have everything in place.
On the "wonder weeks" front, we had a great morning with Eloise despite the fact that one of our upstairs smoke detectors woke us all up at 6am to let us know the battery was running low. Grrrrr..... At the moment, I wasn't sure if I was thankful of the detector's helpful protection feature or not. Now, with a clearer, and obviously more awake head, I'm glad it let us know. Murphy's Law I guess. 6am is a great time to let us know the battery is dying. It didn't need to be 6pm. Of course not.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
We got to see the other elephant outfit, super cute! I got Miss Eloise's card in the mail, so precious. Thanks for sending!
Post a Comment