I was searching around trying to see if there was something more I could do to help my poor fussy Monkey and I came across this - The wonder weeks. For new parents, this is pretty interesting.
The wonder weeks research shows that babies go through predictable developmental stages. And during these stages, some babies can be fussier than normal as they grow both mentally and physically. During the first year, here are the wonder weeks: 5 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks 17 weeks 26 weeks 36 weeks 44 weeks 53 weeks Some babies are also fussy the week before and after a wonder week. Some are unaffected and continue on with their normal disposition.
The Monkey was 9 weeks yesterday and since she just had a stellar Drs exam on Wednesday, I'm wondering if there isn't something to this "wonder weeks" research. It says here that week 8 is called "The World of Patterns". This week is when the monkey develops mentally and begins to recognize patterns in the world around her. All of her senses are on overload as she's taking in the look and feel of everything like lights and shadows, her hands and feet, textures on objects, and much more.
In order to help your baby through a wonder week, you should give them even more love and attention than you already are. Closeness is key. Perfect! If it's at all possible for me to love on my little Monkey even more, than I'll do it. Kiss, kiss, smooch, smooch! And this makes for a great time to be using the Sleepy Wrap so were extra close and snuggly.
Then after wonder weeks come "sunny weeks." This is when the development stage has passed and the Monkey returns to her usual happy self. In the first year, the "sunniest" weeks are... 6 weeks 10 weeks 13 weeks 21 weeks 31 weeks 39 weeks 49 weeks 58 weeks I can't expect there to be an exact science to all of this but it would be super if next week was indeed "the sunniest" for Eloise. We are off to Minneapolis on Thursday for Caren and John's wedding. Therefore, let's all root for a sunny monkey forecast next week!
This is one of my favorite pictures from our 1 month photoshoot with Jen Hunt. It seems perfect to share it now. I love you so much monkey!


0 comments:
Post a Comment