Monday, March 28, 2011

"Bless you, mommy"

Eloise's vocabulary continues to impress me daily. She's managed to somehow switch a "you" in a "I" ("Eloise, you have new socks now." Eloise responds...."I have new socks.") and even a "thought" into a "think." I don't know how she puts this all together but she is and it's really pretty amazing.

Today's display of vocab-prowess included her new fascination with saying "bless you." I've always said "bless you" after someone sneezes and I've tried to teach her this but once again, I think school has really brought this one to light. They have a classroom full of snotty, sneezing kids so I can only imagine the amount of times they get to practice that one daily.

So today, I woke up sicker than a dog. Although Eloise runs around with a smoker's cough and green snot running out of her nose like nothing is wrong, I, on the other hand, get these daycare germs and want to die.  I spent all night nauseous and ready to vomit. I finally did so early this morning after we came downstairs. I tried to sneak into the bathroom unnoticed so not to scare Eloise but instead I lift my head from the bowl, turn around and find her saying, "Bless you, mommy. Bless you, mommy."  Seriously? Omg, I love her so much. Although a pinch confused on the usage of "bless you", she's still the cutest little Monkey going:)

Photobucket

0 comments: