Friday, March 18, 2011

Eloise in the first person

You've already heard about how "Ella-weez do it" but our little miss thang has taken her first person language skills to an entirely new degree. Apparently all day, every day at school she walks around parroting whatever the teachers say but changing the name to herself. Examples provided from the teachers...

"Michael, it's time to read books." Eloise immediately responds, "Ella-weez read books" even if she's clear across the room doing nothing with books. "Stewart, no pushing." "Ella-weez no pushing." "Colton, leave your shoes on." "Ella-weez shoes on." "Lillian, are you hungry? It's time for lunch." "Ella-weez hungry." "Mia, it's time to change your diaper." "Ella-weez dirty diaper." I could quite literally go on and on. Her verbal skills are off the charts and it's totally 100% due to all of the time she spends practicing.

I thought I caught wind of miss Chatty Kathy when I went to pick her up yesterday. From the hallway I kept hearing Eloise talking so I listened more closely and it was something similar to the above. "Ella-weez, no running." "Ella-weez use paint."  I came into the room and she still didn't see me so she kept at it. Hilarious! (although I will say for the teacher's sake, this might get annoying all day, every day, but since she's mine, I love it.) And thankfully since I find it all so amusing, she does continue her first person parroting act here at home but I only get a few hours of it each night where they get it all day. Lucky duckies!  "Ella-weez lucky duck." Lol. Ok, I made that last one up.

Photobucket

0 comments: