For the time being, this blog is going to exist on daycare updates alone. Sorry. I just can't find enough time in the day. Bottom line. Working moms. How do you do it? Because I'm not. I find any excuse not to bath my daughter so I can have a little extra playtime with her. (ok, she bathes every other day. it's not that bad.) I sometimes buckle at dinner time and let her eat in the living room. She walks around here with not one Mimi monkey but 2. She only sometimes listens to me and I sit back and watch my control slipping out of my hands with every single second she defies my rules.
But alas, I only get to see her for 1 hour and 45 minutes post work and I feel like I'm doing the best I can. And with that, I can only hope and pray that somehow this all works out. That she knows her boundaries. That she learns her manners and that somehow in all of this, she grows up a good kid. She certainly won't grow up a kid that lacks any amount of attention or love, that I can guarantee. Will she go to school with dirt under her nails on occasion? Yes. Will I forget to brush her teeth every once and awhile? Yes. But will she be a kid who knows her mommy loves her more than life itself? Yes. And that will simply have to be enough.
Now, onto my daycare update. We've made some serious headway this week with the Monkey and school. On Monday she had her first ever completely cry-free day. How exciting! Drop off was amazing with her zooming off to play with some trucks and barely even noticing that Mike left the room. When I picked her up, she was happy to introduce me to some of her friends. Then first thing this morning she professed her new found love of her teachers by telling me, "love you Meka and love you Keisha" while I was getting her diaper changed. When we got to school she revealed her secret and told them herself. (Temeka and Keisha are her teachers:) Very cute. Pick up wasn't as great but she still had a good day all together. For some reason she doesn't like going outside at school, which is very strange because she loves going outside at home. Nonetheless it makes her very upset and I rolled in there just after they were outside so I caught her in the midst of her meltdown. Tomorrow we're hoping for another "Monday" as far as good days go. Stay tuned!


0 comments:
Post a Comment