I’ve been asked by some friends to blog every day until the baby comes. I was thinking this was a little excessive but since you are all so kind to be waiting patiently for the much anticipated arrival of Baby Vail, I’ve decided that I will indeed pop in here each day to give you a status report. If this is too much, don’t worry, you won’t hurt my feelings. Consider this a forewarning:).
No news to report today other than it’s my last day working in the office. If she doesn’t come by Monday, I’ll be working from home. I thought it was best to spare my co-workers of any possible hot flashes or mood swings. No reason to suck them into the madness.
And it’s lunch time and I’m in the midst of eating my last Rising Roll wrap for some time. Rising Roll is this delicious sandwich place near work. It’d be quite a trek to come here for lunch after the baby comes so I thought I’d treat myself today. If you have a Rising Roll near you, try it. It’s really good!
For our weekend plans, we have none other than to putter around the house and busy ourselves with things that don’t really need to be done. You know, like more cleaning and more cooking and freezing. It’s amazing what you end up doing when really you’re just waiting around for the baby to come.
I suggested to Mike that we go to Zio for dinner tonight because they have this really great grilled pizza, as well as fantastic penne with arrabbiata sauce. I like to get a pasta dish and then convince Mike it’s a really good idea to get the pizza and then we share. Zio is a cute little place near our house that is owned by some upstate New Yorkers. Since we are fellow transplants (and because their food is so good!) we like to give them some business. Also, I was talking to my brother last night who mentioned delicious arrabbiata sauce and it got me thinking about Zio!
Anyway, not sure Mike was into it. He feels like any night could be our "last supper" and maybe we should do something a little different than pizza. I'm a gamer for whatever so we'll see where the Vails land tonight. Maybe at the Carolinas Medical Center cafeteria!
Honestly, my mind is not even close to thinking that we could be in the hospital any day now. I need to focus for a minute. Believe me, I'm totally there with her coming but then to start thinking...oh yeah, we have to actually go the hospital and delivery first. Whoa!
And for the record, I don’t think typically my mind is so focused on food. Interesting though that this blog post has turned into a food post. Lord. My next weigh-in at Weight Watchers is Monday am. Let’s hope, for more reasons than one, that this is not another growth spurt for Baby Vail!
Happy Friday!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
I miss Rising Roll - I wish they had one downtown!
Post a Comment