Monday, June 29, 2009

Whitewater Park Outings

For the past two days, I've taken Eloise to the Whitewater Park here in Charlotte for little afternoon outings. Yes, we're now mobile! And I have to say, Charlotte really lucked out when they scored the locale for the US National Whitewater Center. This place is so super cool. They even hosted the Olympic Trials here last year.

Yesterday, Mike joined us and rode his bike on the trails while Eloise and I enjoyed some quiet time under a tent watching the rafts and kayaks go by. Actually, little Miss Eloise enjoyed an afternoon nap as the rapids turned out to be the perfect white noise for her to get some ZZZs.

Today, we returned and met Erika and Gavin there and had another great afternoon. We plan on making this a weekly voyage as it's the perfect place to enjoy the great weather and see some pretty cool rafters, kayakers and those zooming by on the zip line up above.


1 comments:

Erika said...

I missed holding her yesterday! My little one decided to be crazy! We had fun!