Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shake, shake, shake

Another milestone in the making. Today, Eloise grabbed for her bumble bee rattle and began shaking it like mad. What?? Wait, what was that? I was sitting right next to her, turned my head for a second and then heard the rattle ....shake shake shake.... Well, I thought she must have kicked it. Oh no....that baby girl was shaking it like she had a purpose!

Not that I should doubt her but dang. The monkey has had her hands clenched in tiny fists since she arrived 7 weeks ago so when she busted those little paws open and grabbed for the rattle and went to town, I have to admit, I was little shocked. Stunned is really more like it.

Sorry monkey. Mommy doesn't mean to doubt you, I swear it. I promise to take the next milestone much better. Like the genius you are. I'll welcome that milestone and say things like, "That's my girl. Rolling over at 4 months just like you're supposed too." Or "Holding your sippy cup at 6 months just like the book says." Lol!

So of course - in the essence of full disclosure - the video includes Eloise shaking 2 rattles. Well as soon as I saw the ninja grip she had on the bumble bee, I pryed open her other tiny paw and put another rattle in there. Hilarious!



1 comments:

Corinna said...

GET Out of here - she is so cute in that video!! Love it. Shake your rattle, sweetie!