Ok, so I spoke too soon yesterday. Or I should say, we got one good nap in the pack-n-play (p-n-p) and the rest of the afternoon was a struggle. We'll keep trying and trying and trying...
New nighttime sleep revelation....our baby has officially outgrown the sleep positioner. Is there life after the sleep positioner??? Agh! I found her at 3:45am ready for her feeding completely balled up at the bottom of the positioner with both arms and head in between the positioner bumpers. She was fine. If anything, probably felt like a swaddle, but it freaked me out nonetheless. This was also after yesterday seeing that she can now use the side of the p-n-p to launch herself up out of the positioner where her head was the found on the other side of it, laying on the bottom of the p-n-p. Strong legs, huh?
What's the "life after a sleep positioner plan"??
Here we go:
1) Positioners have been removed from both the crib and the p-n-p. Yes, we have two. It's nice having a sleep set up both upstairs and down.
2) Babies-R-Us run today to purchase the Summer video monitor. I have to keep an eye on things.
3) Do I remove her crib bumpers yet? Strong legs yes but she's not mobile, or is she?? So after feeding her today at 6:45am, she was yawning like mad so we tried out the crib sans positioner with mommy still in the room to see what she would do. I wanted a full check-out of the scene. She's been and is still sleeping in the crib horizonally. So she squirmmed herself down to the rails and propped her legs nicely against them. This makes me think the bumper should stay for now. Her legs and arms will definitely fit between the rails and that freaks me out. So the bumper stays for now unless someone says I'm crazy and why. Or maybe I remove the bumper and have her sleep lengthwise in the crib? Once I have the video monitor, we'll try that so I can see what she does. Lord. Was there life before all of these gadgets? You mean people used to just put a kid in a crib and walk away??? Must have been nice. Now the world is full of paranoid mothers fallen prey to capitalism of the baby product industry. My head is spinning and about to fall off! Whatelse must I buy to make sure she sleeps safely and soundly???? I'll surely find it today at B R'U. And speaking of...
4) I must find and dust off my copy of "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child."
5) Do we stop using p-n-p for daytime naps? Keep all sleeping in her crib? That may help daytime sleep project. I'll try it after I get the monitor.
Ok, no she's not sleeping here. And, yes, I set this up so I could grab a few pics, but look at those pjs. They are as soft as they are cute!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment