Mike is the best. I know all of you know this. If you're a reader of this blog, you're family or a close friend and that means you think Mike is the best as well. Or at least a somewhat cool guy to hang out with on occasion.
But being a dad has brought Mike's awesome-ness to a whole new level. I'm sure none of you are surprised by this. So here goes my new list - a list to expand on the growing list of why I loved him so much before Eloise arrived. I love Mike because...
1) When we go for a walk or for an outing, he insists on always "driving" the stroller.
2) When finishing up the 11pm feeding, he lies down on the floor next to Eloise's crib to make sure she really falls asleep vs. turning on the monitor next to me. This is where he often finds himself 2 hours later.
3) He calls Eloise 'the monkey.'
4) He calls me from Babies R' Us when I didn't realize he was even going there.
5) He researches baby stuff "we must have" and comes home with it.
6) He cooks me dinner every night and often it only includes meat.
7) He grocery shops now with a list and coupons. And now that we have a baby, he buys beer that's on special ...meaning, we have a 12-pack of PBR cans in the fridge right now.
8) He's created a make-believe competition btw me and the neighbor on who can get less UPS deliveries since both of us are home with babies.
9) He says things like "she wasn't crying until you walked into the room, I swear." Or "you're like the Baby Whisperer. How did you do that?" Or, "she was fine while you were gone. She was really hungry. I've been feeding her since you left." (2 hours later.)
10) And, every time I get up in the middle of the night, Mike rolls over and says, "I love you so much, honey. You're the best mom ever."
The list will continue to grow as Eloise continues to grow. I'm so lucky to have Mike in my life. Eloise and I are so lucky to have Mike in our lives. That's why I love him so much.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
great now I'm over here crying at work. thanks sister!
Post a Comment