Monday, July 20, 2009

Created a bad habit

So I'll admit it - I single-handedly created a bad habit. Here's what I mean.



Yes, I'm the worst mom ever. But isn't this so cute? Problem though is I let her fall asleep on the Boppy on my lap often. Not good if you want to leave the baby with someone else, get anything done while she naps and numerous other reasons like I'm probably stunting her growth and causing her to be unusually attached to her mom.

Ok, so today is a new day and with Mike's advice, as soon as the baby falls asleep or is starting to get drowsy during the daytime, I move her to the pack-n-play or her crib so she can have a good nap. She's such a great night time sleeper, I wasn't too concerned about her daytime bad habit and figured we'd get there eventually. No, this isn't some crazy revelation. Believe me, I tried this before, but she'd cry. And so I'd go and get her and I'd let her sleep on the Boppy. Difference of a good 2 hour nap or a 5 minute one in the pack-n-play.

Well, it appears that little 5 week old has been pulling a number on me. So much for my "she's too young" excuse. Because today, after only 3 tries, I've successfully got her sleeping in her pack-n-play. And this is after screwing up twice (and waking her up) because I was trying to get some pics to show Mike that I could do it. But one of my trips in to snap pics was well worth the risk of waking her.....I found this monkey checking out her mobile and smiling. I FINALLY got her smiling on camera. And this isn't gas:) She fell asleep shortly there after.

 

0 comments: