Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sick tactics

The Monkey seems to have developed a runny nose. Of course the timing was impeccable. Literally as her friends are arriving  at the house for a playdate yesterday afternoon she starts sneezing and snot non-stop starts draining from her nose. Eeek. "Sorry, moms of playdate pals. I truly didn't know she was coming down with something."

Thankfully though - now 21 hours into this latest sickness, we only have a runny nose on the symptoms list. And the runny part is clear so that's good news.  Her congestion woke her up several times last night because she couldn't suck her thumb with a plugged nose. Nothing a good tug at a bubble asperator won't cure. Unfortunately for me and Mike, we had to do this at 10:30pm, 12:30am, 1:30am and 2:30am.

Anyway, today is a new day and yes, the nose keeps running. She's also napping a little more. Based on lastnight's restless sleep, that makes sense. But here's the best part of it all. The Baby Whisperer is here right now. I had a morning meeting and came home around 12pm.  While I was heating up my lunch, I was hanging out with the Monkey and BW in the living room.  Out of nowhere, Eloise - with her constant nose drain - stops what she is doing, then sneezes and then gets down on all fours, puts her face to the ground and rubs her nose back and forth on the rug to get the snot off of her face.  WHAT??  I kid you not.  She doesn't use her sleeve. She doesn't come to either one of us to help her. And she doesn't just leave it be, which her more typical sneeze/snot drain reaction. Nope. Head down, go to all fours, face on the rug where she leaves a thick gooey pile of snot. Where in the ever beloved world did she get that as an idea???  And what do the BW and I do in the sheer shock and awe of it all?? We laugh. How can you not??

Lord have mercy.

Photobucket

0 comments: