Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow day(s)

We've had some crazy weather around CLT the last few days. Snow started on Sunday night late and  continued to come down all day Monday. I think in total, at our house we had about 4-5 inches. Monday was the prettiest of the days because the snow was falling, the temps stayed around 29 or 30 so nothing melted or became ice. Then Tuesday arrived and the entire city was under a serious sheet of ice. Driving has been crazy and basically the entire town is in lock-down. Schools are closed again tomorrow for the 3rd day in a row. Cabin fever doesn't begin to describe some of the messages I'm reading from parents stuck at home with their school-aged kids.

Eloise and I went out and enjoyed the snow on Monday. We were out there for maybe 30 minutes and then we came in and had some "hot chocolate" - which she is now getting quite good at pronouncing. I gave her some in her sippy cup. She loved it.  Then we snugged in for a day of toys, books, painting, coloring and the like.  Oh and throw in a little "Mickey Mouse" - also something she is very good at pronouncing and likely because she says it nearly 4,000 times per day. Sigh. Lol.

Here are some pics of Eloise (and later Mimi who makes an appearance) playing in the snow.











Photobucket

0 comments: