Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Zeee-bas

On a whim, we took Eloise back to the Riverbanks Zoo on Sunday afternoon. I wanted Mike to see what a cool zoo it was and also, I knew Eloise would love it going back. Which she did. We had a good time and I'll admit, I went in camera-free. Sometimes I think it's a little much to document every single step of this little girl's waking life. It felt like a good opportunity to just experience a really fun day together as a family. Sans camera. And we did. Now, of course, Mike had his iPhone on him at all times so I need not disappoint in regards to pics taken this day. These aren't great quality but you can see Eloise checking out the fish, the turtles and the crocodiles. This section of the zoo, along with the "zeee-bas" ("zebras" as I'm sure you figured) were her favorite parts of the day.  The monkeys were all snoozing by the time we got there, which was post lunch for them so I can understand. We saw 3 but not nearly the "zoo" of swinging and screaming monkeys we witnessed our last trip. Therefore, they didn't rank high on the list with our monkey-obsessed Eloise. Oh, and now the Riverbanks Zoo has upped its "thumb rating" as Mike agreed, it's a great place for kids. 6 thumbs up from the Vail household!


Photobucket

0 comments: