So the Vail ladies are going through some changes as of late. My lack of blogging (in addition to my lens issue) has been due to the fact that I am a working girl again and Miss Eloise is now a daycare kid. I started on Valentine's Day (I hope a good omen, right? I will love my job. I will love my job.) and therefore, so did she.
Do you want the good news or the bad news first? The good news? Ok. I love my job. It's great to be back in action and I guess the real conclusion of it all is I'm a working girl at heart. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love and cherish every single moment I had with Eloise as she was t-tiny up until 20 months old. And if this job wasn't such a great opportunity, maybe I would have kept on staying at home with her as I was but nonetheless, I was presented with a pretty great communications position at Wells Fargo and so a working girl I am. An Uptown working girl at that.
The bad news....Eloise is not adjusting to daycare. It's only been 2 weeks so of course it'll take more time but the poor little thing. She's just not doing well. It absolutely breaks my heart. On top of catching all of the germs from the other kids, having a pretty good cough and a snotty nose since day 1, she doesn't nap there, some days goes without eating and when we go and pick her up you'd think she was a hostage victim - as displayed by her running to the door screaming "bye bye bye, go, go, go, out, out, out." It's a scene. And luckily none of her wonderful teachers take in personally. I'm just hoping for a faster adjustment period but I know realistically it's going to be awhile before she jumps out of my arms and runs to her friends to play. Drop-offs and pick-ups are tough but the teachers are great. They help by immediately scooping Eloise up and taking her off to play. And after a day full of activities with all of her new friends, she's a zombie when I go and pick her up.
So I do apologize for being so incommunicado. The camera thing does annoy me, I'll be frank. And as of now, I'm just plain being cheap and haven't ordered another one. So not having pics to show and also now not really having a lot of time, my blog is paying the price. But I don't want it to. This isn't a sign of disinterest. I will keep this blog going. I will!
Ok, so that's the scoop. Ch ch changes for the Vail ladies. I love my job and Eloise will love daycare. Fingers crossed on the latter:)


1 comments:
Dude - congrats! I haven't checked in for awhile and everything has changed! Good for you - hope you are loving the new job and I'm sure eloise will soon be a rockstar at daycare :)
Post a Comment