Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here's a forewarning

If you let your driver's license expire longer than 1 year, you will be made to take the vision test, the road sign test, the computerized test (where you can only miss 5 of 25 questions) and then alas, you will find yourself cruising around the neighborhood near the DMV doing a driving test with a DMV employee sitting next to you - clipboard in hand and all - telling you where to go.

Ah yes, Allison realized her license was expired last October - exactly 10 months after it actually expired - and did nothing about it until today, Ground Hog's Day. I see no irony in the fact that it's 2/2/2011 as I will not be repeating today's early morning activities at the DMV ever again. I pledge that to myself at a minimum.

Nonetheless, I can officially say I only missed 4 of 25 questions on the computerized exam (even after not preparing but I will admit, I was nervous and starting to sweat. that test is no joke.), I breezed through the vision and road sign tests and did a 3-point turn like a champ (exactly 20 years after taking my first driving test with said DMV employee in tow). 

I am again an official licensed driver in the state of North Carolina.  At least for the next 7 years when I will indeed get my license renewed prior to expiration. Please let my avoidance of the DMV be a forewarning to you all. It's not worth waiting.

0 comments: