Here's one good side of daycare (which I think there are several so don't get me wrong...). Today Eloise shared with us her new found skill of singing. All morning and now into the afternoon she's been repeating, "Wheels on the bus go round and round. Wheels on the bus go round and round. Wheels on the bus go round and round." She has yet to move on to another portion of the song but I have to say, I'm quite impressed that she picked this up from school and does it completely unaided. We used to sing around here but her tone-deaf mom probably made the musical pastime unappealing. Well, now with her teachers rocking it out each day, she's a full blown star. Baby American Idol here we come! (no, I'm not a stage mom.)
The not so good side of daycare (aside from what I've already mentioned about her not eating or sleeping...) is the picture of Eloise they sent home on Friday with the following note underneath: "It's getting better. Don't worry. I will be happy soon." Yes, the picture is of an extremely miserable Eloise who looks as if she just finished crying long enough for someone to snap a pic. Note to daycare staff: You may want to send some of the kids home without pictures from time to time. It's ok. We won't mind.
But let's end on a happy note...."Wheels on the bus go round and round."


0 comments:
Post a Comment