I have quite a bit to blog about including Eloise's 18 month check-up and birthday "orange chair" pics, a really fun Mom's Night Out that I hosted last night, Eloise's new infatuation with feeding her "Tee Tat" (kitty cat), and a possible Santa attempt #3.
But in the mean time, I grabbed some pics of the Monkey just this morning playing in her ball pit. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but to repeat myself for just a second....we brought Eloise a ball pit after she showed a ton of interest in one at 2 separate playdates. They are cheap and easy to find, and although intrusive and quite unsightly, we got one and popped it up in Mike's office because it seemed like a toy she would really enjoy. (the baby toy creep continues into Mike's office. eek. sorry, honey!)
So alas, we have this big ole orange thing in our house with 200 balls floating around. You can't really tuck it away anywhere. It's huge. And my hope was that regardless of how big and ugly it was, she'd love it and that'd make it all worth it. But, as I guess with all toys, she loved it elsewhere. Could care less about it here in her own home. So since the day it was erected, she's barely touched it.
But hence today's post, this week the ball pit has been given an entirely new life. All courtesy of Miss Eloise herself. And right when I was about to break it down and put it away. Not so fast, says Miss Eloise. Instead, she now uses her ball pit as a home for all of her stuffed animals. See when the Christmas tree came into the house, something had to go in our little make-shift romper room pre-school area.There wasn't enough space for the tree, Christmas decorations and all of Eloise's toys.
So I removed her giant pile of stuffed animals and took them all upstairs to her bedroom. She can obviously still play with them, but she'll need to do it upstairs. Well, she flipped out. I think the change of the tree entering the house and her prized collection of stuffed friends "disappearing" was too much to handle so back downstairs they came. I gave in on her wishes and allowed her to drag each and every one downstairs (individually, no less) and we gave them their original home - on a little palate of blankets that she loves to use for looking at books. Well then yesterday I realized she was dragging each of her friends (individually again) over to the ball pit. What a great idea! I wish I thought of it. And so with her friends she now has a fort that she plays in. She even brings her drinks in there and really hunkers down for a good while (maybe like 20 minutes, which in kid world seems pretty long to be occupied with one activity).
It's a win-win really. I love that the 1 million stuffed animals are no longer scattered all over our downstairs. She loves that her friends are back with her again. And I also love that the ball pit is actually being used. So long story long, here are pics of Eloise playing with her friends this morning in her "new" ball pit.


0 comments:
Post a Comment