I wanted to get better at this "one year ago today" idea and I haven't. But.....drum roll please.....today I'm going to look back at December 2, 2009 and see what the Monkey was up too. It appears I paid tribute to the Baby Whisperer, who even today I thanked for being so truly amazing that this seems like perfect timing. The Baby Whisperer is a complete godsend and I honestly thank my lucky starts A LOT for having her in all of our lives. She's Amazing. Capital A.
Now shimmy on down to the end of the post and check out Eloise and the Christmas tree pics. Last year I was a pinch blindsided by her ability to mess with the tree but that was nothing compared to what we have coming this year. We've actually put off getting our tree for a few weeks. My eager-beaver Thanksgiving weekend tree purchase approach last year left us with a dead fire hazzard come December 15 so we're going to wait until the weekend of December 11 when the Lakewood Vails are in town to get our 2010 tree. Waiting helps us have a live tree but more importantly, it helps me put off the scary thought that my 18 month old is taking down the tree. Eeek. And anyway, it'll be more fun to enjoy our annual (ah hem.....2 year old tradition - gotta start somewhere) holiday decorating festivities together as a family! (2009 Vail Family Christmas Tree Part I & 2009 Vail Family Christmas Tree Part II)
For pictures today, the Monkey did a little posing. I was really quite impressed that she actually did as I asked and then smiled when I asked. That never happens. And that I got it on camera! All the stars were aligned.
So here we are with the Monkeys. Eloise likes the camera and likes to look through the pictures that are already taken. I took a few quick ones of her monkeys to show her and make her giggle and then I asked her if she would go over and sit next to them - which she did. Then I said, "now smile and say cheeeeeeeeese!", which she did. The pic below is so cute.
Here are the monkeys. Then the Monkey with her monkeys (I'll use whatever props I have to to get a good shot, OK?) And then a few other cute ones.


1 comments:
LOVE that picture of the two of you! Hope you both are finally feeling better :)
Post a Comment