Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bananas

I hate bananas. There seriously could be nothing more disgusting in my opinion than a banana. They smell gross. They taste gross and they infect everything around them which then also smells and tastes gross.  When a banana is in a dish, I can't deal. In a fruit salad, sorry, can't do it. In a bagged lunch with other snacks? Might as well throw the entire bag away. Great source or potassium? Whatever. I can get it elsewhere. Great source of nutrition for runners? Again, I'll find another way. That's it. I hate them.


Ok, I've said my peace.  And with this, I have made a pledge to myself to not enlist the same fear, distaste and grossness of said bananas on my daughter. I will introduce this food to her diet and if she likes them, I'll feed her more. So this weekend, I bought 2 bananas. The first 2 bananas I've ever purchased in my entire life. Honestly, I didn't even know how to buy a banana. Do I have to commit to an entire bunch? What if I only want to buy 1? Can you buy 1 banana? What if she only eats 1/2? What do I do with the other 1/2? Do I have to throw it away? Can you save 1/2 of a banana? I dare not put a 1/2 of a banana in my fridge. Ah! And they are all so stinky. And the consistency....don't get me started. Will I be able to serve it to her???

Ok, ok so Mike helped me through the entire process and I did it. The Monkey was served a banana in her teether feeder today. I bought it. I peeled it. I even mashed it up and put it in the feeder (with a fork - I couldn't dare touch it.) and what did she do next??? She went to town on it. She LOVES bananas. Go figure.



Also, check out the sweet scratch she gave herself from her finger nails. I simply can not keep up with those things. They grow like weeds.




Photobucket

1 comments:

judy reed said...

Hysterical! I hate bananas too. I don't know how Todd ended up loving them.