Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday's update

No, I'm not starting a new trend of another day full of updates. I don't believe I have that much to update in one week. I know what you're saying....but you blog nearly everyday. Yes, but I just mammer and post pics:) But since Friday's post was dedicated to Graham's hilarious "Ouiser" pictures I'll use today to mention some things going on as of late.


The Monkey is now quite the sitter. She's really mastered this skill, pics at the end of the post, which is a blessing because yesterday she had a major poop explosion where the only thing I could do was strip her down and get her in the bath right away. But taking her upstairs but proving to be a little difficult since she was literally covered. Instead, we made a mad dash to the laundry room and gave her a bath in the utility sink, which worked perfectly because now she's a champ sitter!  Thank god because we seriously needed to hose her down. Have I mentioned that she's a good eater?? Great pooper as well. Wow. Check out these pics of her in the utility sink. I love the Monkey to sink ratio. (and I loooooove the utility sink. I can't tell you how many times I've said that since we've moved back in. it's so handy!)





Ok, since I've placed us in the laundry room for our updates, perfect timing for my next. Our dryer broke last Sunday. Serious, serious bummer. Not having a dryer and having a baby..... not a good match. We had someone out last week to look at it and apparently the motor went. And the cost to replace the thing was nearly twice the price of the dryer that we bought 7 1/2 years ago.  Um, no thanks. So Mike went and bought a new dryer this weekend, which is being delivered on Wednesday. That'll be exactly 10 days after it broke.  Agh. I'm telling you, things are getting very creative around here. I can still wash, thankfully, but with no dryer. Ek. Not easy.  I had to take a couple of pics to show what I've done.




Yeah, those are bibs drying on the jog stroller and Monkey PJs hanging from the door knob. I'm purposely sparing you a shot of our laundry room all together. It's really bad in there. I can't wait until Mr. Dryer Man gets here on Wed.

One more update for today, at Puddle Ducks this weekend the Monkey both kicked and splashed when asked. Crazy what one week does for her. I recited the usual commands but didn't expect her to actually follow suit. I almost died when she did both. So cute!  And she continued to do both throughout the entire class. Also noteworthy, it's amazing to me the amount of kids that just flat out hate the pool. They cry and scream the entire class. Those poor parents. I appreciate their effort to introduce their kids to the pool but they are just not into it. For that, I'm very thankful that the Monkey loves the water and has yet to fuss during any of our Puddle Ducks classes.

And as promised, here are some recent pics of the Monkey sitting.






Photobucket

1 comments:

Erika said...

She is sooooo darn cute!