Puddle Ducks started today and it was too much fun. I'm so glad we are doing this together. Did I mention before we were getting into the "warm pool"? Well worth it and I'm so glad that I selected that option. The water was a balmy 84.5 degrees. And since it was 29 outside when we arrived, the warm pool made the freezing morning feel much better.
As soon as Heather the Puddle Ducks teacher met Eloise she asked if she was a "processor" because by the look on her face and the way she was taking in the entire scene (and her stiff as a board body language:), a "processor" was absolutely the best way to describe her. I carried her into the pool and slowly lowered her into the water up to her thighs, then back out and back in but a little further. I kept at this until her chin went into the water and her eyes were about to pop out of her head. She was mesmerized by the other babies, the teacher and the water. It was definitely a super stim activity for the Monkey.
All in all, she seemed to really like the pool. She was the teacher's pet and was used as the "example baby" to introduce each new activity we did. She was fine being held by me and the teacher in the water. Thankfully no stranger phobia today. Pool activities included "ring around the rosey" (i.e, go around in a circle with the babies on there tummies), back swimming, dips (bob the babies up and down dipping down to their chins), "the hokey pokey" (all sorts of crazy pool dancing), "twinkle twinkle little star" (sprinkle water on the baby's face), kicking, splashing, blowing bubbles, which Eloise seemed too young for, lots of singing as you can tell, and chasing a ball, which was her favorite, As soon as she caught that little orange ball, it went straight into her mouth, of course. Oh and twice, while tummy swimming she actually dipped her face right into the pool. Too funny. She'd pop her head back out and did not look pleased at her decision but funny none the less. She'd shake it off and we'd go on to the next activity.
And as far being a "processor", that's exactly how Eloise takes on any new situation. She'll study her surroundings, give everything a full check-out, take it all in and maybe 5-10 minutes later she'll be ready to have some fun. Mike likes this apprehension about her. It'll keep her safe, he says. We have a feeling that a dare devil she is not:) She's definitely the more cautious type. I have to agree, that's a good thing.
Ok, so here are some pics from today. (you'll quickly be able to tell I was probably having more fun than she was:) And also, here is a video of her in the pool chasing after a little orange ball.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
Too cute!! Those little legs in the pool are adorable!! She looks like she really likes it.
Post a Comment