Monday, January 4, 2010

Monkey's skin rash

So the Dr's guesses were flea bites - so gross and I'm pleased to report that our cat Sweet Pea does not have fleas! Or hand, foot and mouth disease - again, so gross and thankfully she didn't have sores inside of her mouth so that was a no go. She ruled out an allergy because she only had red bumps on her legs, arms and hands, not her "trunk". If she was allergic to something, she'd have a rash everywhere. The conclusion is she caught some sort of virus and it'll pass in the next few days. No name given to the virus. No antibiotics can be taken obviously but if she runs a fever I'm to give her Tylenol. I've been taking her temp since Friday and she's yet to have a fever so hopefully she'll stay the course here. Oh, and she's not contagious. Thankfully.

After the Drs appt, we went to Grammie Judy's library to drop off some of Mike's delicious lasagna for her and also to get some new board books for the Monkey. They had a giant selection so that was fun to pick through them and find some new ones for her.  Then afterwards we took a 90 minute drive around Charlotte because Eloise fell asleep in the car and I figured it was best for her to get a full nap rather than take her home and get her out of the car, where she'd promptly wake up and likely not go back down again.  So during our drive, I landed us in one of the fanciest neighborhoods in Charlotte and came to the realization that the wealthy don't just get one Christmas tree, they actually get 2, 3 or 4. Wow. The streets were lined with discarded trees.  Seriously, 2-4 per house. Can you imagine decorating 2, 3 or 4 trees?? Anyway, I digress. Here is the Monkey playing with one of her favorite Christmas presents.








0 comments: