There are some things that Miss Eloise just doesn't like. At the moment, those items include naps, walks and car rides. Yes, walks and car rides. (you've read and read and read about my nap plight - I'll spare you today.)
I've heard from many, "Really, she doesn't like car rides? All babies like car rides." "Yeah well, mine doesn't." And... "Huh, she doesn't like walks? My baby always went to sleep when we went on walks." And once again, I say, "Well, not mine."
So I've taken each of these items on as my quest. I will conquer them all. I will! And some day, Eloise will nap like a queen, enjoy every second of her car rides and love nothing more than to go on a walk (and run!) with her mommy and daddy. Phew.
In preparation for her love of walks, I've been trying new things each day. First I'd take her in walks in her car seat. It clicks right into the stroller and off we'd go. She'd cry. Scream, actually. So back to the house we went. I thought maybe she didn't like to sit upright and/or facing me. Next, I tried the pram that also clicks right into the stroller (you've all seen pics of these pieces as I've chronicled). Here she's able to lie down completely and just gaze up at the trees. Get her comfy with a blanket and a few toys....the world couldn't be better, right? Uh, it's no go. Cry, then scream, and completely not happy maybe 1/4 mile from the house.
But, this go-round, I got wise. Rather than turn right around and go back home, I'd whip out the Baby Bjorn (need to post a pic of this), pop her in there and she'd be happy for a good couple of miles. All while I push the empty stroller around the neighborhood. Sigh. The neighbors are used to seeing me go by. Eloise in the Baby Bjorn, me pushing an empty stroller. It's actually quite amusing.
Ok, today I pulled out my last trick from the stroller bag and it was the big girl stroller piece that also clicks in (and it faces her forward - similar to the Baby Bjorn. It has to be a winner!). It's the 3rd and final seat that comes in the set we purchased - so really, it's my last option for the Quinny. She needs to LOVE it. Off we go for our walk today (yes, I brought the Baby Bjorn in case we had a meltdown. I'm a mom now, I know to always have a plan B. And plan C and plan D.) Here she is pre-walk. Plenty of toys, sitting comfy. We're ready!
And....we get exactly 3 blocks and she has a meltdown. Out comes the Baby Bjorn and we went for about another 20 minutes. So tonight, I showed Mike how Eloise sits in her big girl stroller. Super cute, right? Then I decided maybe it'd be best if we practiced walking around the kitchen to get her used to it. Yes, Mike pacified me for 5 minutes and pushed the Monkey around the kitchen in her big girl stroller. Thanks honey! Of course I had to snap pics. How hilarious is this? Mike pushing the Monkey for "practice" and I'm in the background trying to rationalize with a 3 1/2 month old...."You love the stroller, Monkey. It's so much fun. Look at you. You're a big girl in your big girl stroller." And....we encounted a meltdown. Even in the kitchen. Lol!
And completely off subject but cute none the less, here are some tummy time pics from today. She's getting so strong!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment