Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Her 'lovies'

Eloise received 2 homemade taggie blankets a few months ago. They are super cute and perfect for a girl with a new found 'lovey' fixation.

Lovey? That seems to be what everyone calls them. You know, the Linus-like blanket that he drags around and can never live a second without? That's the lovey. So when these were given to her, I was told we had to have 2 and that I'd be thanking her someday. 1 is for the moment and the other is for the moment the 1st is lost. Perfect back-up plan.

Yesterday I gave Miss Eloise her lovies for the first time. Yes, I gave her both of them. And she's not at the age where she can drag them around but I will say, she did immediately take a liking to them.

Sorry, I'm talking about taggies like everyone already knows what they are. In case you don't, taggies are blankets that have a series of tags sewn in around the edges. Perfect for little fingers to rub and for little mouths to chew on. Eloise's taggie blankets (aka 'lovies') are flannel on one side and a fun silky material on the other. Then of course, the edges have tags sewn in.

She plays with the tags, chews on the them, and also rubs both sides of the loveies on her face. They have been such a hit that they have even made there way into her naptime routine. Oh, and today she was holding on to one as I put her in the stroller for a walk (we made it for 25 minutes - and NO meltdown. yesssssss!!), so a lovey even came on the walk with us. Super cute. So without further adieu, here is Miss Eloise and her taggies, I mean lovies...



Oh and a 'big girl update' - Miss Eloise now no longer has her head support in her car seat, see above. She's outgrown it. Ah, my baby is gowing like a weed!

0 comments: