I've been hemming and hawing on this one all day - do I blog about the fact that miss Eloise slept through the night for the very first time last night? Or do I keep my big fat mouth shut for fear I'll jinx things forever??
Ok, here it comes.....last night she did it - this little Monkey slept from 7:20pm to 7:00am! This "sleeping through the night" is the real deal - not some text book definition of 6 hours, as I said before. This was serious sleep action and when I went in to get her early this morning, she was just as proud as I was - cooing and smiling and having a good ole time! (First thing in the morning is one of my favorite parts of the day with Eloise. She's so happy and cute when she first wakes up. Melts my heart.)
Ok, so one disclaimer - she's technically slept this long at night before - twice - but under both circumstances, we were traveling out of state and she was exhausted. And it was not repeated the next night in either instance. Therefore, neither count.
But last night........I don't know. My gut is telling me, we might have something here. Maybe. Just maybe though. My hesitation comes from how fussy she was on Friday. She was really out of sorts all day and I couldn't figure out why. Poor little Monkey was just having a bad day. And it was a bad day where she only took 4, 30-45 minute naps. Simply not enough, which could have very well produced a full night of sleep like she had.
Interestingly enough though, today she has been sleeping like a champ, again. Weird, right?? After nearly 12 hours of sleep last night, today she took a 90 minute nap, a 2 1/2 hour nap and one other 45 minute nap. And then we experienced another first.....she's stretched out all of her feedings to over 4 hours today (well over the typical 3 hour feeding stretch). What's going on here?? Hmmmm.......
So will tonight bring another 12 hours of sleep for the Monkey?? Or have I single-handedly jinxed things forever? I'll be sure to update you tomorrow. Here's the Monkey in her PJs on her way to bed. Wish her luck!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment