Monday, September 21, 2009

Mike is the man

He did it. He cracked the code. A mystery code we've all been trying to find for 3.25 months. Mike single handedly discovered the way to get the Monkey to sleep in her crib during the day. Unreal. I've been trying. My mom has been trying. The nanny has been trying. All to no avail. Mike steps in and wham-o, it's a done deal. Code in hand.

Here's the secret sauce. Mike cradles the Monkey in his arms and does deep knee bends. Not all the way to the ground kind of knee bends but pretty deep ones, maybe 1/2 way down. You can do them in place, you can add a sway to the bend, or you can pace around the room. Regardless, it's the deep bend motion that somehow does the trick. It's seriously magic. I watched him pull this move out of his bag of tricks yesterday and literally Eloise was asleep in his arms within 3 minutes. One move to the crib, and down she went. No issue. I just did it and within 5 minutes she went from drowsy eyes, to roll back in her head eyes, to completely shut eyes. I placed her in the crib and out the door I went. Crazy!

I don't know if I should be pissed that he figured this out in like 4 seconds or less, and all as a complete fluke. Or if I should be kissing the ground he walks on. I think I'll go for somewhere in between. I'll just make him put her to bed for each of her naps whenever he is home. Lol! Oh yeah and one other perk from Mike's discovery....this deep knee bend action is a pretty sweet mini-workout on my post partum thighs. Perfect! And for that, once again Mike is the man! (btw - I feel as though I should start tagging my posts. If I did, this one would go in the "4,000 ways to try and get a baby to sleep in their crib" category. Sigh.)

0 comments: