Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Parenting Journal additions

Thought of a couple of more...I know, words of wisdom here. (cough, cough) Just take them for what they are worth.

15) Bring a travel swing of some sort into the bathroom with you. A bouncy chair will probably do the trick as well. You can put your nugget in here while you shower; a great device to preoccupy them so you can get yourself a much needed washing. Give it a shot - this may be the only way you can shower (you can watch them through the glass or pull the curtain back a little). And if you're lucky, you may even get to blow dry your hair and put make up on.

16) When it comes to your baby's age, pediatricians don't count weeks, they count months. Example - the Monkey is 12 weeks tomorrow. So she's 3 months old. But according to her pediatrician, she won't be 3 months old until 9/11 - a week from Friday.

It's weird but I can see their point. It's much easier to go by the month than the week. Counting weeks for hundreds of babies they care for is too much to keep track of. Easy for us. We only have 1 or maybe 2. Not so much for the pediatrician. And really, I imagine this age counting thing is a standard among all baby doctors.

The bright side, it gives our babes a few extra weeks to reach their monthly milestones. Well, I guess by one year it must work itself out? Anyway, the 11th of each month, the Monkey will get a little bit older.

And in Monkey milestone news, she is officially wearing a size 1 diaper. They look a bit ridiculous on her because I have to sinch the waist together pretty good but she was ready to move up. I saw a red mark on her caboose yesterday, out where the elastic stretchy part is of the diaper. I put extra Desitin there thinking she may have a little rash. But it's not rash. It's her way of telling me the N diapers were rubbing her chubs a little. Off to 1's we go. I'll snap a pic later and you'll see why I've waited so long to put her in these. They look pretty funny on the Monkey.

0 comments: