The Monkey really likes apples. And she's liked them every time she's had them unlike a lot of other fruit. Bananas are hit or miss. Same with grapes, strawberries and I guess watermelon after she destroyed a piece at the pool the other day. And I don't mean "destroy" like she gobbled it down. Rather she ate a bite or two and then decided it was better to waste by making a perfect mess on the hot pavement for the ants to creep in and devour. (sorry Erika:) But apples, no wasting done here. They are too delicious for this Monkey.
She's not partial to apple sauce or just plain apples. She likes them all. Per my previous post about the high chair circus side show, the other day the Monkey and I were looking at her "B" is for Bear" book and as you can guess, "A" is for Apple, that I like to bite." So when we read this, I often grab an apple (yes, plays right into the side show, I know) and take a bite. Point to the apple, say apple....yada yada. You get the point. Well she's been reaching for the apple and so recently I handed it right over. What did she do?? She took a big bite right out of the side of it. That's my girl! Supervision is obviously at play here but she's getting closer and closer to me being able to simply hand over food and she'll eat it. (vs. throwing it on the floor, or me taking a perfectly good food item and tearing and/or cutting it into 17,000 small pieces.) I'm always a fan at finding stuff the Monkey can take on by herself. Apples might be a long way off but she's getting there. In the mean time, every time I have an apple, she and I will share it:).


0 comments:
Post a Comment