Today's "Run for Your Life 4-Miler" was awesome. It was a tough course - tons of hills including a serious 1st mile that was basically up hill the entire way - but we made it and also, we met my goal to get under 30 minutes. I honestly didn't know how realistic this was but I had 30 minutes in my head and the last I looked at the clock, it said 29:47 as I was heading into the finish line. Our final clocked/chip time was 29:58. That's a 7:30 min/mile pace and that's what I was hoping for. Yay! The Monkey was awesome per usual. She really gets a kick out of seeing all of the action going on around her. One funny moment - we were on the last 1/2 mile which was a nice down hill. She's in there hollering "Da da da da da da da" and someone next to me says, "I think she really wants her Daddy." At that point in the race, so did I:) That course was not kidding around. Start with a 1 mile up hill and then hills scattered throughout and then bascially a 1 mile downhill for the finish. Crazy! But combined this makes my 29:58 even cooler. What a great way to start the day! Now off to Raleigh to see those Proctor munchkins!
Have a great weekend!


0 comments:
Post a Comment