We finally made it to Discovery Place after the some-odd-million-dollar-reno and grand re-opening. I have to say, it seems a lot like it was before. Not that that is a bad thing. And now that Eloise is a walker, it's a perfect place to go but honestly, I'm not sure what changed. (granted - probably a lot changed. I think I was pregnant when I was there last and that means I had no brain. I still have no brain.)
Regardless, we met up with the Chantilly Mom's Group today and had a really fun time. We cruised around and saw the aquarium and the "rainforest" solarium. Without even getting out of the stroller, she was psyched with both. In the rainforest she had a bird's eye view of 2 ducks, 2 crazy looking birds, 2 turtles and some tiny blue frog struck right on the glass next to her. We would have taken more time with both but we zoomed through all of the above because I knew the mom group and their kiddos were down in the "little kids" room. And as I predicted, this was where the gang was hanging out. Which speaking of this Mom's Group, it just dawned on me today that Eloise is the only girl. Strange. For the kids her age - and I'm talking the 12-24 month range there is not one other girl. Isn't that weird?
Anyway, Eloise loves the boys so today she was having fun with Chandler, Cameron, Ashton, Liam and Aiden. And really, who are we fooling? At this age, none of them pay any attention to one another unless they are looking to snake a toy out of their hands. I digress. So, I tried to get as many pics as I could without missing out on the fun. And then a kind gentleman asked if he could take my camera and take pics of me with the Monkey. He was really sweet! (yes, the thought did cross my mind that he was going to make a run for it as soon as I handed it over. it's sad how jaded I am.) Ok, here goes it....


0 comments:
Post a Comment