I'm all over it this week, huh?? Don't get too excited. Today's update will be my last post for a few days. My mom and I are heading to Florida tomorrow through Monday to meet cute as a nugget little Chloe!!! The car is packed, my bag is nearly packed (as soon as the dryer is done, I'm done.) and we're ready to go. I even bought a cooler for the ride to have some cold beverages in the car. I feel like a pro! The Monkey will be having a daddy weekend and I've given Mike the full run-down on a "day in the life." He's excited to spend good quality time with his little girl. The last I heard, they have quite an agenda chock full of outings and activities. The camera is coming with me but hopefully he'll capture some of their fun on his iPhone.
For this week's updates - I don't know if I ever mentioned on here (mentioned in on FB but not sure if I said something on here. I get all of these communication vehicles confused:)....the Vail household has been officially bottle free for 1 week. I gave Eloise her last bottle for night time last week and then that was it. I'd finally weaned her off of all daytime bottles over the course of a week or so, then the "before bed time" was the last one, which was totally easy and not a big deal at all. Honestly, I could have gotten rid of all of the bottles around 12 months but I was clearly more addicted to them than Eloise was. Anyway, at 13 and 1/2 months, the Vail house was completely bottle free. Yippee!
This week the Monkey used a fork for the first time and fed herself. She always wants to play with her silverware but rarely is successful at getting food on there and then actually to the mouth but this week she did all of the above. I was stunned, really. I handed over her fork, she poked it into some eggs and put it right into her mouth. Awesome! Then she repeated it quite a few times where I thought, huh....she's got this one. She can't do it successfully with all foods. She needs something easy like eggs where no matter how you stab, you'll likely get it on there. And then they don't slip off on the way to her mouth so eggs was the perfect place to start. We'll keep practicing with lots of other foods and then also start working on a spoon.
I have not purchased Eloise's new Tretorns yet but I bring this up because I have thrown the towel in on buying her cheap shoes from Target. They were awesome while they lasted and exactly what she needed at the time but now that she's basically running, she needs good shoes with good soles. She's also a little hot box and her feet sweat to boot so I need to get her new sandals with leather insoles to keep her from slipping around (the cute Target sandals were great until her feet started to sweat and then she would slide forward until her toes were on the ground. not pretty.) and also, I need those sandles to buckle vs. velcro. Velcro's not working for this little one. She tugs until she gets it free and then yanks her shoes off no matter where we are. Not convenient. So real sandals it is. I've already scouted out some cute ones. Also, she needs a good pair of sneakers to play in and just all out run around in. She's at that age. I took her to Tootsies Too like I talked about last week but they didn't have her size in Tretorns. The visit was not a total loss though because I had her officially measured and she's a 4 1/2 with regular width feet. Not too narrow or too wide. Good to know. So any shoes I buy her will be 5's and medium width. Perfect. Stay tuned on all purcases. I'll likely wrap this up next week.
Last for this week, Eloise is full on with her waving. She used to be hit or miss but now when we say "wave good bye" or "say buh-bye" she waves like a champ. She even waves to cars, trucks, airplanes, runners and dogs that go by. Too funny. Also in this hand category, she's all about some high-five-ing. To the point where she was ducking down below the ottoman the other day, I said, "High fives, Monkey." and she came flying up off the ground with her hand up in the air. I laughed out loud over that one. That's my girl! Lol!
I feel like I'm forgetting an update but for now, I'll leave this post at what I have above. For pics today, the Monkey is way into her popcorn popper from Andrea, Doug and Brody. What's funny is she rarely pushes it. Rather, she prefers dragging it behind her. She does laps around here dragging it and laughing as she goes. The other day we brought it outside and she ran right past me, popcorn popper blasting behind her, right down the front path, straight into the yard and into the neighbor's and, of course, would have kept right on going if I'd let her.


0 comments:
Post a Comment