Laaaaaaaaaaaa........ahhhhhhhhhhh!! Did you see the sky just part? I know, it's a miracle. We now have a baby gate. And it's one that fits! Laaaaaaaaaaaa........ahhhhhhhhhhh!
In other news, I completely forgot about the Monkey's 15 month Drs appt today. Oospy. I'll have to call tomorrow and grovel a little and get this one back on the calendar. Unreal. I haven't missed one yet. I guess I was due.
In the food category, I'm starting to get creative with Monkey and mixing fruits and veggies in with other items to get her to eat them. So far, it's not really working. And I'm cooking quite a bit. Agh. I'll keep trying but as of now the only thing she's liked that I've whipped up to "trick" her is the pumpkin bread (who wouldn't like a little cinnamon spiced pumpkin bread to kick start the fall??). Meanwhile pumpkin really packs a punch of super great nutrition so I'm going to load this little girl right up with it. The mega delish home made mac-n-cheese I made today was a no go - with or without steamed broccoli or cauliflower mixed in (and I can't say I blame her because I hate both but again, I'm not going to put my weird food-isms onto my daughter. I pledge.). Tomorrow I'm whipping up another batch of my meatballs and maybe I'll throw something crazy into those litte guys. Carrots? I'm not sure. She actually eats the meatballs so I can't screw with them too much without her noticing.
In running news....I've made a decision to run a 1/2 marathon coming up on 11/6 here in Charlotte. This all stems from this crazy idea I had to run a 1/2 last weekend and I chickened out at the last second. I'm just not ready quite yet so in hindsight it was a good decision but I was really ready to just throw myself in there and see what happened. Anyway, instead of running the full-blown 1/2 on Saturday, I instead ran 12.5 miles sans the jogging stroller and I felt really great. I'm going to add a long run to my Saturday's from now until 11/6 and that'll be what I need added to my weekly running to get myself ready for that distance. I'm really excited about it! Oh, and I'm sure you can guess but I'll say it anyway, that 1/2 marathon will be without the Monkey. I could never expect her to sit in the stroller for that long. She'd freak out on me. Lol. But we are gearing up for another 5K this weekend in of all places....the same corporate park where I used to work. Not looking forward to the tree-less, hilly terrain but it's for a really good cause. The race is being held for a little girl who has cancer. The story will tear your heart out. That little girl is a fighter and so the least we can do is run a measly 3.1 miles in her honor and try to help contribute to an extremely worthwhile cause.
I think that's it for now. Off to find more recipes to fool my Monkey into consuming something other than whole milk, grilled cheese, apple sauce and cinnamon toast. (a girl after my own heart with that love of carbs she has.)


0 comments:
Post a Comment