The Hog Jog was a good one. "On your mark, get set, oink, oink", as the grand master said. Hilarious. My time was I believe 21:47 or around there (official results have not been posted yet. correction - official results just posted: 21:48. 7:01 minutes per mile, just a pinch slower than my PR - 21:38.) I actually wore a watch today. It's a miracle. The start was a little kludgy as they made us line up 15 minutes prior and literally, we just stood there. For 15 minutes. I was so antsy I wanted to die. Basically that means, I didn't get an adequate warm up in because I didn't have time. My pre-race routine is pretty tightly scheduled so that I don't have to have the Monkey in the jog stroller for too long and so that extra 15 minutes they made us stand there - literally among BBQ pits with pigs cooking inside - I could have used to jog around. Not a big deal. I'm pleased with my time due to the massive, and I mean MASSIVE hill in mile 2 that was a killer. The Monkey and I managed to bust through it and came through the finish line in what I feel was a good time all things considered. I was even approaching the lead male baby jogger towards the finish line - I had him in my sights since the beginning - but I didn't catch him. Maybe next time:)
The Monkey was awesome again. Somedays I feel like my baby jogging runs are numbered and then others, I feel like she still loves it in there. Today was of those....."she does still love this" kind of days. There was a great baby jogger turnout (and 2 super cool wheel chairs - those chairs are really high-tech and totally pimped out. very cool.) so they let us go 1 minute in advance, which you know I love. Thank you race organizers!
Ok, off to the BBQ and Blues festival for the day. And it's only supposed to be in the 70s. Perfect way to celebrate the Monkey's 15th month!


0 comments:
Post a Comment