4. Eloise does not listen to Mommy.
And apparently Mike doesn't listen to me either. The Monkey has a new fixation and it's getting into the top drawer of daddy's desk. She is all about it. I tell her not to get in there. I distract. Heck, I even remove her little mits from the drawer, bring her into the kitchen, put her in the highchair and feed her (covering about a total of 20 minutes) and when I put her back down after she's done, where does she go?? Immediately back to Mike's top desk drawer. Of course.
Mike's aware of this. I've told him what she does and he's been a witness to my repeated reprimands telling her to stay away from the drawer. And he's also seen me remove everything from the drawer because clearly, Eloise does not listen to Mommy.
Well today, Eloise went to the top desk drawer, again. And today is the day Mike left to go out of town so apparently despite what I've told him and showed him, he put everything right back into the drawer. I'm in the kitchen. I hear her clank clank clank with the drawer pull and I say, "Eloise, do not go into daddy's drawer." Clank, clank, clank.....then, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap (that's Eloise running)......and around the corner she comes as quick as bunny with what in her hands?? An iPod in one and a permanent black marker in the other. I remove both and tell her she is not to be into daddy's drawer. Tap, tap, tap, tap, back around again she goes (she literally makes a circle of our downstairs like it's a track.). Clank, clank, clank, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap round again she comes.....and what does she have in her hands this time?? 1 pen and 1 wireless mouse (for the computer). I remove both again and just completely start laughing. She's hilarious. She clearly does not care that Mommy has caught her in the act and asked her to stop. (what seems like 7,000 times) She's actually quite proud of herself as displayed by her ear to ear grin. Her treks around the indoor track we're sporting are fruitful. Who can blame her? And Mike clearly doesn't listen to me either because he put every single thing back into the drawer. I will say, it feels a pinch like the two are plotting and planning behind my back knowing that it's the one thing that makes me totally insane. I'm just sayin'.
So you heard it hear first. I no longer care if she goes into daddy's top desk drawer. As long as whatever she discovers doesn't hurt her, she can have at it. Go on girl, get in that drawer to your little heart's content!
Just wait until daddy gets home and discovers my new approach. Maybe he'll start listening to me. Or I can cross my fingers and hope that at least one of them will. Someday.
And apparently Mike doesn't listen to me either. The Monkey has a new fixation and it's getting into the top drawer of daddy's desk. She is all about it. I tell her not to get in there. I distract. Heck, I even remove her little mits from the drawer, bring her into the kitchen, put her in the highchair and feed her (covering about a total of 20 minutes) and when I put her back down after she's done, where does she go?? Immediately back to Mike's top desk drawer. Of course.
Mike's aware of this. I've told him what she does and he's been a witness to my repeated reprimands telling her to stay away from the drawer. And he's also seen me remove everything from the drawer because clearly, Eloise does not listen to Mommy.
Well today, Eloise went to the top desk drawer, again. And today is the day Mike left to go out of town so apparently despite what I've told him and showed him, he put everything right back into the drawer. I'm in the kitchen. I hear her clank clank clank with the drawer pull and I say, "Eloise, do not go into daddy's drawer." Clank, clank, clank.....then, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap (that's Eloise running)......and around the corner she comes as quick as bunny with what in her hands?? An iPod in one and a permanent black marker in the other. I remove both and tell her she is not to be into daddy's drawer. Tap, tap, tap, tap, back around again she goes (she literally makes a circle of our downstairs like it's a track.). Clank, clank, clank, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap round again she comes.....and what does she have in her hands this time?? 1 pen and 1 wireless mouse (for the computer). I remove both again and just completely start laughing. She's hilarious. She clearly does not care that Mommy has caught her in the act and asked her to stop. (what seems like 7,000 times) She's actually quite proud of herself as displayed by her ear to ear grin. Her treks around the indoor track we're sporting are fruitful. Who can blame her? And Mike clearly doesn't listen to me either because he put every single thing back into the drawer. I will say, it feels a pinch like the two are plotting and planning behind my back knowing that it's the one thing that makes me totally insane. I'm just sayin'.
So you heard it hear first. I no longer care if she goes into daddy's top desk drawer. As long as whatever she discovers doesn't hurt her, she can have at it. Go on girl, get in that drawer to your little heart's content!
Just wait until daddy gets home and discovers my new approach. Maybe he'll start listening to me. Or I can cross my fingers and hope that at least one of them will. Someday.


0 comments:
Post a Comment