Thursday, September 30, 2010

Girl's weekend

Does it kind of feel like I take a lot of these "girls weekends"? Maybe that's my guilty conscience talking because really, other than my trip to Florida in January, and an over-nighter to Raleigh in April, I'm not gone that often.  But since Mike is taking a 9 day Canadian adventure in October, I won't let guilt take over and let myself feel bad about leaving my Monkey and my hubby for a 3 day beach trip (i.e. bender) to Amelia Island, FL.  I will admit up front, there might be a pinch of drinking going on.  And since none of us "girls" have to get up early each morning with our kiddos, there may be some hangovers in the mix. And since I hardly drink anymore, I'm admittedly a little nervous about consuming too much and having said hangover. Agh.  I do have self control. I do have self control.

But really, that's not what this is all about. Fun, sun, girlfriends, and time away to recharge the Mom Batteries.  That's what it's all about.  I leave tonight and return on Sunday late afternoon so there will be no blogging in my absence. I actually hope there will be no computers within reach of my fingertips the entire time I'm gone.  Nope, nothing but uninterrupted reading, delicious meals, oodles of waiters attending to my every need, cocktails poolside, gossip and girl time, trash mags.  Ahhhhh........girl's weekend, here I come!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jen said...

sounds fun! enjoy and tell them all I say hi.