Thursday, September 2, 2010

DVR catch up session

Mike's traveling and so tonight is my major DVR catch up session. Come August each year, my DVR starts filling back up again and it makes me really happy.  Tonight's line up?  Rachel Zoe, Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion, and the all-new Secrets from a Stylist. (which came as a result of last season's Design Star.) Tonight would also include my all-time fav Flipping Out but I snuck that in last night. (when Mike was still here and would rather have died than watch Jeff Lewis up to his usual antics.)

Today the Monkey and I checked out a new music class called Music Together. It was a trial class that a handful of moms from the neighborhood attended to give it the full check out. I immediately signed the Monkey up. It was great! No more Kindermusik and no more driving to that random shopping plaza on Providence. Also, a few additional perks...this class is maybe 1 mile from the house so we can walk, it's 9 weeks long (compared to Kindermusik's 16 week long class) and the space is amazing. Its held at the all-new Open Door Studio on Central and Pecan and it's fantastic. This is a dance studio so picture the balleria bar (yes, I envisioned the Monkey in a pink leotard, a tutu, cute tights and those tee-tiny little ballet shoes. ahhhhhh.....i can't wait!!), the wall full of floor to ceiling mirrors, great lighting, just one great big open space.  Oh and the class??  Lol. It was really fun. Very comparable to Kindermusik. In my opin, those classes depend a lot on the teacher and today's was good.  The first day of class starts on 9/10.

Today was also the first full Tretorn day and the Monkey really rocked them. She got lots of compliments at music class. Lol. I'm so obsessed. Anyway, I got some pics from when we got home and were playing in the driveway. (the sidewalk chalk is getting a little out of control and since we no longer get rain in CLT, the chalk art remains.)


Waving bye bye to the planes...


Photobucket

1 comments:

Corinna said...

A) I freakin' love her Tretorns. I had pair after pair when I was a preppy teen and I can't stand how much I love them in that tiny size. Ridic!

B) The RH of NJ Reunion was delicious.

C) Rachel Zoe needs a facial

Hugs La Roo and Happy Friday!!
C